Personal data protection policy
- Data controller
Your personnel data (the “Data”) are collected and processed by Global Bioenergies, listed in the Corporate and Trade Register of Evry under number 508 596 012, registered office at 5 rue Henri Desbruères – 91000 Evry-Courcouronnes, France (the “Company”).
As data controller responsible for your Data, the Company makes every effort to protect your privacy in accordance with regulations in force, notably Regulation no. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council on the free movement of data of 27 April 2016 (the General Data Protection Regulation).
See below for the Company’s Data protection policy.
- Data collection
Your Data are collected through the website www.global-bioenergies.com (the “Website”), and the Company’s social media pages.
The Company collects your data notably during the following operations:
- navigation of the website using cookies placed on your device;
- subscription to the Company newsletter, including financial and other press releases of Global Bioenergies Group (the “Group”);
- navigation of and subscription to the Company’s social media pages;
- job applications submitted using the form on the “Job offers” pages;
- communications with the Company through the contact form.
- What Data are processed?
The Company processes the Data that you provide voluntarily, notably when you subscribe to a newsletter or apply for a job. The Data collected mainly consists of your name, date of birth, company, postal and email addresses and telephone number. Some Data are mandatory, others optional.
The Company may also process Data relating to:
- navigation of the Website and Company’s social media pages, including your IP address, page views, frequency of visits;
- comments and other contributions published on the Company’s social media pages.
- Data processing purposes
Your collected Data may be used for the following purposes:
sending the newsletter, including financial and other press releases of the Group;
direct marketing and the design of marketing materials;
compilation of statistics and reports to better understand the users of websites and the Company’s social media pages;
elaboration of statistics and reports and performance measurement (audience, traffic, etc.), and analysis of usage of different parts of the Website (heading and content views, paths through the website, etc.) to make them more interesting and user-friendly;
technical operations related to the above purposes.
compliance with law and regulations applicable to the Company.
- Legal basis for processing
In compliance with regulations in force, Data processing is only permitted on the following legal bases:
your explicit consent given to the Company to (i) send you the newsletter, (ii) keep you updated on Group news via social media, (iii) process your job application, or to communicate some of your Data to Group entities and certain subcontractors or service providers for the above purposes;
compliance with a legal obligation requiring the Company to process the Data, such as Decree 2011-1362 of 20 October 2021 concerning the conservation of data permitting the identification of all persons who have contributed to the creation of online content;
the existence of a legitimate interest for the Company in processing your Data to optimise its public relations and promote the activities of the Group.
- Data storage period
The Data storage period depends on the purposes for which your Data was collected and the Company’s legal obligations.
Data you submit when you subscribe to the Company’s newsletter or social media pages will be stored for the full period of the subscription. Once you unsubscribe, your Data can be stored and processed for a further three years. After this time, the Data will be either deleted or anonymised.
Data you submit in the course of a job application will be stored for the full period of the recruitment process and two years thereafter. After this time, the Data will be either deleted or anonymised.
Data collected during your use of the Website and the Company’s social media pages can be stored and processed for thirteen months. After this time, your Data will be either deleted or anonymised.
However, at the end of these periods, including any period following a request by you to erase the Data, your Data may be stored temporarily to meet the Company’s legal and regulatory obligations.
- Identification of Data recipients
All the Data we collect on you are strictly confidential and the Company will never transfer them to any third party who might use them for personal purposes without your explicit consent.
However, your Data may be transferred in a secure manner for the purposes described above to other entities within the Group and to certain subcontractors or service providers the company uses for IT, marketing or advertising. The Company undertakes to take all necessary steps to ensure such transfers comply with regulations in force.
The Company also states that some of its service providers may use subcontractors located in countries outside the European Union, including in the United States of America, and undertakes to take all necessary steps to ensure such transfers comply with regulations in force. Therefore, you explicitly authorise the Company and its service providers to transfer your Data outside the European Union.
In addition, your Data may be disclosed to comply with an injunction issued by a court or administrative authorities.
- Your rights
Under regulations in force you have the right to:
- withdraw your consent;
- request access to or the rectification or erasure of all or part of your Data;
- restrict a particular type of processing;
- object to a particular type of processing;
- enjoy portability of your Data.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written request and including proof of identity:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by post: GLOBAL BIOENERGIES – Service Données Personnelles – 5, rue Henri Desbruères – 91000 EVRY-COURCOURONNES.
You will be sent a response within one month of your request being received. If necessary, the Company may extend this period by two months, in which case it will inform you in writing.
If you are dissatisfied with the Company’s response you can lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07. Tel.: +33 1 53 73 22 22
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in cases where it has been requested. However, doing so will not affect the legality of the processing carried out with your consent prior to this withdrawal.
- You have the right to ask the Company to confirm whether they are processing your Data and, if so, to access those Data and the following information:
- purposes of processing;
- categories of Data being processed;
- recipients or categories of recipients to which the Data have been or will be communicated;
- where available, the planned storage period of the Data or, where unavailable, the criteria used to determine this period;
- the existence of the right to ask the Company to rectify or erase your Data or restrict the processing of your Data or the right to object to this processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where your Data have not been collected from the data subject, all available information on their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the underlying logic, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
Where your Data are transferred to a third country or international organisation, you have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards put in place in respect of the transfer.
The Company provides a copy of your Data being processed and can charge reasonable fees based on the administrative costs for any additional copy requested. When you submit your request electronically, the information will be provided in a commonly used electronic format unless you request otherwise.
- You can demand that the Company promptly rectify any of your personal Data that is incorrect. You can also demand that incomplete Data be completed, including by providing an additional declaration.
- You can demand that the Company promptly erase your personal Data for any of the following reasons:
- the Data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- you object to processing on one of the grounds set out in point 6 and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- the Data have been unlawfully processed;
- the Data must be erased to meet a legal obligation;
- the Data were collected from a child.
However, the right to erase does not apply to processing that is necessary:
- to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation which requires such processing or for the performance of a task carried out in name of public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller;
- on the grounds of public interest in the area of public health;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You can demand that the Company restrict the processing of Data in any of the following cases:
- for the period when the Company is verifying the accuracy of your Data following a complaint by you;
- where the processing is illegal, you object to the erasure of the data and demand instead a restriction on their use;
- the Company no longer needs your Data for the purposes of processing but you still require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- for the period required to verify whether the legitimate interests pursued by the Company take precedence over yours following an objection by you on the grounds set out in point 6.
Where processing has been restricted, the Data concerned can only be processed, except for storage purposes, (i) with your consent or (ii) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or (iii) for the protection of the rights of another natural person or legal entity, or (iv) for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
- You have the right to object at any time, for reasons relating to your personal circumstances, to any processing of your personal Data based on public interest or the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
The Company shall then no longer process the Data unless it shows compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which take precedence over your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal claims.
You also have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- You also have the right to receive your Data from the Company in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another data controller where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on an agreement, and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
You have the right, in this case, to demand that the Company should directly transmit the data to another data controller, where this is technically possible.
- Security measures
Given the nature of your Data and the risks inherent to their processing, the Company shall take the necessary technical, physical and organisational steps to safeguard the security and confidentiality of the Data and prevent them being corrupted or damaged, or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
The Company chooses subcontractors and service providers who can provide the necessary quality, security, reliability and resources to implement the technical and organisational measures required, including as regards the security of processing.
- Social media
The Company is active on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) and reminds you that to access these social media platforms you must accept their contractual terms and conditions, which include provisions governing Data processing conducted by them, independently of our pages on their networks.
To find out more about the protection of your Data when browsing social media, see their respective data protection policies.